and i want to know how i can returne each 15 wire back
the photo explain what i mean

my car is 300se 1990

·
Registered
1989 560SEL, 1974 450SL
223 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Open the attachment below. The pin order for your car starts on the bottom of page 1468 and continues onto page 1469.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
First off, could you fill out your profile so we know where you are please.

Second, from what I think you are asking, your Instrument cluster umbilical key tab looks broken.

Yes, this can be fixed. I have done it twice. Once on my car and once on Mapearso's car. The key pin is made of a hard plastic that gets brittle over time.

You can order a new one from Mercedes P/N: 010 545 04 28 Cover: 010 545 05 28
Or get one from the Junkyard if you are feeling lucky.

What I did was take off the cover and then pull the pins out all in one smooth motion and have the new one ready in the same orientation, and then work the pins back in carefully. They MUST go back into the correct pins! Pin 1 to pin 1 and so forth. If you don't, or the socket goes back on broken and in the not on the right pics, bad things happen. Mark and I were doing a cluster change one night, and when we replaced the cluster, neither of us noticed that the key pin had broken off, or was already broken off, and the pins got twisted, and when we started it back up, it started smoking. We noticed it right away, but the cluster was already fried.

So if you have to put that back on without the pin, BE VERY CAREFUL!

I see NelsonM already posted the pin-out, and that is the correct one. If the pins are still in the socket, they can easily be pulled and reset in the new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts