Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1994 E320 - 155k, white.
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I there anyone in the NY area who would work with me for a day fixing some major engine repairs on my w123 and show me the ropes at the same time?

For example needs head gasket replacement, new engine mounts, want to take turbo off and diagnose its problem, transmission has a vacuum leak. That's just to start with...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1985 300CD Turbo coupe, 2006 E320 CDI sedan
573 Posts
No offense RTN, but that's more than a day's work. A lot more actually. Probably take several days just to round up the parts. Why don't you tell us what you've started with, and what you want when you're finished.

//greg//

·
Registered
1994 E320 - 155k, white.
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

None taken, I'm a novice so don't have an accurate idea of what time things take.

The head gasket and coolant is the urgent issue. The part is easy enough to get, but I see you're in KY not NY?

So I guess just doing that could take a day?

·
Registered
1967 300
494 Posts
Hi

None taken, I'm a novice so don't have an accurate idea of what time things take.

The head gasket and coolant is the urgent issue. The part is easy enough to get, but I see you're in KY not NY?

So I guess just doing that could take a day?
Ahh chief you are in for a LOT.

Tell us what is wrong and check your PM for a link to the fsm.

·
Registered
1994 E320 - 155k, white.
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Work with me diagnosing my 300CDT - Brooklyn, NY

I'm a novice owner, I need an experienced Benz mechanic or owner to work with me doing a compression test and vacuum test on my vehicle.

Cash payment.

Located 11211

Call 917 442 0607

Thanks!

·
Registered
1981 300D with a funny tranny
965 Posts
I'm a novice owner, I need an experienced Benz mechanic or owner to work with me doing a compression test and vacuum test on my vehicle.

Cash payment.

Located 11211

Call 917 442 0607 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************917 442 0607******end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Thanks!
You may need help with compression test, vacuum is extremely easy, like brushing your teeth
You need to know what is wrong before start doing anything to the car and spend money in fixing and troubleshooting what is not needed. Get this first, read and then decide where to spend the money. It comes with all you need to work in your car. You will be surprised, I did buy mine 3 weeks ago and I have done everything myself, I'm a Massage Therapist not a mechanic.

240D 300D 300CD 300TD 300SD Diesel Owners Welcome Wagon Kit | MercedesSource.com

This will save you a ton of money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts