Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help Help Help,

I just got done with all the things needed to get the breather issue fixed, the belt tensioner, the alt, and the oil sending unit and go to hook back up the battery, and the car locked me out. I have the key in hand but it will not let me unlock the car. WTF.I need to know how to get the locks to unlock so I can get in and try to start the darn thing and see if all is good or I need to keep working on stuff...

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
1984 190D 2.2
2,458 Posts
Hmm, you can disconnect the battery and try unlocking it then.

If it locks when you connect the battery again, disconnect the power for the vacuum as a temporary fix.

·
Registered
92 190E 2.6
499 Posts
Hmm, you can disconnect the battery and try unlocking it then.

If it locks when you connect the battery again, disconnect the power for the vacuum as a temporary fix.
That too, thats why I always leave a window down or door open when im working on a car

·
Registered
1992 190E 2.3 8v w/ '87 5-speed and 3.27 rear, 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C, 2018 Triumph Bonneville
704 Posts
If the vacuum pump isn't working (or if the battery is unplugged) the key should open whatever door you unlock.

I think I either dont know the whole story...or I'm confused.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem sort of solved?

Guys,

Thanks for all the advise on this, ended up having to call the stealer and going in thru the sunroof with a coat hanger to lift the lock. It looks like the drivers door lock actuator is bad.

I tried all of the above except the power to the vac pump to get in and had no luck. The car was fighting me on getting in. Key would spin in lock and do nothing and would not work in the trunk at all. Has me baffled for sure.

Now that I got the drives unlocked everything sort of works again. Just going to leave it alone for now and hope until the weather gets a little warmer and then it is getting into the lock system on the car.

Again, thanks guys
Bill

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
if the key just spins u need a new tumbler. the pass side didnt work and the trunk sisnt work? did ur locks ever get changed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts