Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please see the photos attached. In the photos I put a plastic container and pressed down a bit on the parking brake to hold the container. The drip is so strong it filled this container in about an hour during a rain storm.

Any suggestions as to what the issue is and fixes are appreciated.

Anyone think it might be the sunroof drains? If so does anyone know how to clean them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,756 Posts
The easiest way to find out is to fill up a plastic soda bottle with water, open up the sun roof and pour the water in the channel. If it remain there then the drain is clogged. If the water drains out near the front and rear tire then the drains are not blocked.

The only other thing it could be is the drains underneath the windshield wiper cowl. The grill below the wiper arms has to be removed and the drains cleared. Pine needles and tree debris collects under the grill and turns to mulch and blocks the drains.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
43, Thanks for the reply. I will look into the fixes you suggested! Will let you all know the outcome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
But if you check this way and you get water dripping inside once again you might also want to check and make sure that drain hoses are attached... I have had this problem in my MINI just last summer - got plenty of water inside because one of the front hoses was disconected from the drain. :eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great advice. Had the same problem on the right side. Cleared the drain on the right front sun roof, and no more leaks. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts