Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in San Diego, the top is ALWAYS down. As such, I get a lot of bee poop and other various small excrements on the rear deck, doors, seats, and dash. The materials for these areas all have crevasses, and are generally uneven, so that it is difficult to clean.

What type of cleaning products and implements work best for removing this type of stuff, without damaging the material?

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
I had never thought of that, but it only makes sense. Bees must poop at some time or another.

I'm just a bit uneasy now.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
49 Posts
Hey Progenitor I'm in San Diego as well, did you just get your 350? anyway the way I keep everything clean is I have a guy come out to my office once a week and he cleans it. [:D]

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
One of the best and easiest ways to clean the interior is to just use a moist (with water) micro fiber towel to wipe everything down. No fancy expensive cleaners needed. Don't believe me then just look at my four year old S-2000 that I keep top down 24/7/365 90% of the time (even in parking lots). I could count on my 2 hands the times I used a cleaner (and it was just 409) on the interior. Just water and a towel, occasional leather conditioner and 303 protectent.

·
Registered
SLK350
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out I did just that, using a microfiber towel, slightly damp, and a small hairspray bottle with spring water. This broke up the deposits pretty easily, and with gentle rubbing, took everything off. It looks great. Thanks for the tip.

I actually ordered the car beginning of February, but the options package I wanted was not one they have default on any lot. It took about two months for it to arrive, I picked it up first week in March.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts