Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
sprinter
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have today hired a sprinter LWB van on a British 'X' plate.

Driving it home tonight a light came on on the dashboard display and there is no manual in the van to reference it too and i was wondering/hoping that someone here might be able to tell me what this warning light indicates?

The light that has come on is an orange on and it is just below the rev counter. Its difficult to describe what it looks like but the best i can do is to say it looks like a circle with three little square blocks on each side of the circle, so sort of a circle with a block edging if that makes sense?

I have no idea what this warning light indicates of how to get over any problem it is indicating.

I understand that my description is rank poor at best but any info would be much appreciated

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
time to change your brakes!

You should perform routine maintenance on your vehicle more often, so that you will know your brakes need to replaced before the Sprinter tells you. One should never encounter this light! Unless you're going for a record to see how long you can drive the car after the light comes on, and eventually goes off (a favorite pastime of MBenzNL).

-s-

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: Scorchie, I believe he rented the van....

Scorchie, I believe he rented the van.
Darn, you're right. :)

Must read more carefully...

-s-

·
Registered
sprinter
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Scorchie

Thanks Scorchie.

It was indeed a brake warning light. Yes it is a hire truck/van.

I took it back and it seems that it is a faulty sensor rather than an actual fault as the fluid level is fine and the brake pads are practically brand new.

I have been supplied with a new truck.

Thanks again

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: Thanks Scorchie

Thanks Scorchie.

It was indeed a brake warning light. Yes it is a hire truck/van.

I took it back and it seems that it is a faulty sensor rather than an actual fault as the fluid level is fine and the brake pads are practically brand new.

I have been supplied with a new truck.

Thanks again
You're welcome.

I'm glad it was something so simple!

-s-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts