Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ml270 cdi
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in log cabin now after 6 hour drive to bond with my 2001 ml270cdi. The trip was not without incident as the car stalled twice when pedal to the metal. First merging to the highway. Second when overtaking uphill. Power just cuts and as i roll to side of road all warning lamps come on. I just restart car with no problem whatsoever. Is this turbo, transmission or fuel line issue?

Next, halfway through the trip im now hearing a slight rattle noise in the engine when i hit 1600rpm. No power loss or warning lamps however so i hope i can still drive this home!?!?

Lastly, my fuel tank cover wont open even if car is unlocked. Can i override this?

Appreciate expert opinions as i need to get home through another hi speed 6 hour drive in 2 days pls

·
Registered
ML 270CDI 2002, BMW K1300S, VW POLO 1.9TDI
515 Posts
Power cut could be due to a drop in rail pressure when you floor the pedal. High pressure sensor or pump?

·
Registered
Mercedes ML 270 CDI 2002 Facelift, Right hand drive, Off road tires, Lifted, Comand retrofit.
89 Posts
Power cut during hard accellaration could also be due to a diesel filter that needs replacement.

·
Registered
2001 ml270 cdi
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$$$

Will do friends. Rail pressure sensor, pressure reg valve, filter changes and cr pump work = $1200 but i love the m270 cdi still sigh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts