Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1986 560 SL
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how to attach thumbnail pics but I can't figure out how to interleave pics and text.
The "insert image" function seems to work only for http images and I want to use jpegs from my photo album.
Can someone guide me please?

·
Registered
1973 450 SL
1,126 Posts
Your photo album is on line, I would assume.

Go to a photo in your photo album > right click on it > you will see an address > highlight the address > right click > copy > go to the forum and insert image > paste the address.

I hope I understood your question correctly.

Loren

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
I know how to attach thumbnail pics but I can't figure out how to interleave pics and text.
I use the full editor, not the quick reply. In the full editor, click on the paper clip and it'll give you a dialog box to enter up to 5 pictures. Browse to the picture on your hard drive and it'll enter the path in the bar. Once you have all the pictures entered, hit the Upload button. Once they're uploaded, close the box. You can do this twice, for up to 10 pictures per post. Once they're uploaded you can click the paper clip again and you'll see a list of the uploaded pictures. Click on one of them and it'll be inserted (as a text reference) into your message.

I usually hit Preview before I post, just to make sure nothing has gone wrong, but nothing ever has. Any pictures you don't manually insert will be appended to your post as attachments. You're limited to 800x600 images this way.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
If the pics are on your PC, Just click on attachment, (the paper clip at the top), Browse to the pic you want, and upload image to BW. Then insert attachment into post.

·
Registered
1986 560 SL
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply, Loren, but my album is on my hard drive.
I think Scott has steered me in the right direction.
Thanks Scott. You too, BT.

·
Registered
1973 450 SL
1,126 Posts
Thanks, Scott

I have never bothered doing that because all of my photos are put on line, but it may come in handy.

Loren

·
Registered
1985 380SL, 1998 230SLK
1,548 Posts
Just as a side note, since I didn't see this stated, you don't have to use pictures on your hard drive. You can also enter the URL of a picture in the web that you want to use and it'll be copied from that site. That's handy if you want to use a pic on the web but don't want it to disappear if that site changes their design.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1973 450 SLC AMG, 1995 Chevy Tahoe
3,381 Posts
24.jpg

I've never figured that out either. I guess this would be a good place to test it. I think I've got it.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts