Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Can any one help me here. I have just received my first stone chip! Either I am very unlucky or the paint quality on the car stinks! I only have 270 Kilometers [:(!]

Any way, can some one provide me with a part number for the touch up paint for Tellurite Silver or what is also called Diamond Silver in the US? Without this, it appears that the service center guy is paralyzed[}:)]

Thanks a lot for your help, I am sure some of you guys that care about your cars would have bought this by now [:)]

·
Registered
SL550
949 Posts
Here it is...

The number on the package which included diamond silver and clear coat is 9762.

The number on the diamond silver touch up paint "bottle" is "A 000 986 04 50".

Any MB dealer should be able to order this just knowing the paint code on your car, which is "762".

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
RE: Here it is...

fgwinn - 4/18/2005 12:07 PM

Any MB dealer should be able to order this just knowing the paint code on your car, which is "762".
How have you found trying to match the coulour on the stick with the colour on your car??
Mine has been "interesting"

·
Registered
SL550
949 Posts

I had reasonable success with small chips on the front bumper. Have not had a stone chip on the hood yet. I tried to fix the scratches on the lower part of the bumper with unsatisfactory results. That's why I removed the bumper and took it in for a respary earlier today.

It was definitely easier to repair the stone chips on my non-metallic white SLK230.

joyfulheart - 4/18/2005 1:11 PM

fgwinn - 4/18/2005 12:07 PM

How have you found trying to match the coulour on the stick with the colour on your car??
Mine has been "interesting"

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts

the one that concens me is a chip on my roof (!), and its maybe 2mm circumference. I have not finished it yet because the efforts so far are more blue than the rest of the car

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. For some reason, the touch up paint is either darket or lighter than the original paint of the car. Needless to say, you should protect the surface, and the chip would be far less noticeable.

I use a tooth pick for really small chips, which is the one I have, I could not wait for the touch up paint from MB and used a crystal blue color from Audi, not bad but not perfect either, I only used a small amount which I can cover with the MB color when and if I am able to order the touch up paint from the dealer.

Thanks again for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts