Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!! I have a 2003 E320 with an in dash CD player, no navigation. Lately, the CD player has been resetting the CD back to the beginning of the CD, regardless of where it was prior to turning the car off.

I took it into the dealer and they replaced the CD player, but the problem continues. The other issue is that it doesn't happen all of the time. As luck would have it, it works fine when I took it back into the dealer, but stopped working fine after I picked it up.

I'm assuming this isn't normal. Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 SS (M-F) / 2003 SL500 (Sat/Sun)
14 Posts
is it factory or not? If it is aftermarket, the problem may be from the radios turn on consant 12V lead is hooked up to the nonconstant ignition wire which only supplies 12V when the key is forward or car is on. Remove and put on constant 12v line or run your own fail not line straight from the battery. that will eliminate any ossiblities of loose harnesses. If it is a factory unit, the constant 12V pin from your wire harness may be loose. tighten them by pushing them in with some pointy tool.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Hmmmm, I don't know about running your own. Just get a multi meter from radio shack and test to see what wire is constant 12V and what one is remote 12V. You can see which one is which by....

If your car is off one of the two wires will still be pushing 12V.

Once the car is on both wires will be pushing 12V (it is anywhere from 12 to 14V).

To find out i suggest you leave the car off and see which one is pushing 12V, then make sure it is connected on the right wire to the HU harness. Then the same with the remote 12V. Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a factory installed unit. Do you think after taking the car to the dealer TWICE (!) that they could have overlooked the 12V wire being loose? Even after replacing the CD player?!?!

Thanks,
Basil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts