Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250D Sportline (W124) from 1991
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
My W124 colour, according to the VIN details and all the documents, including actual registry, should be ANTHRACITE GREY MET, MB colour 172.

Here is my boy:

Photos are not that good but is something like a Beige...

I wish to repair the front fender and want to get the correct colour and at this point I don't know if that is even an official MB colour.

Waiting your help.

Thanks

·
Registered
1993 300D 2.5 "Elsie"
1,287 Posts
Looks like Anthracite Gray in the photos. And I am SERIOUSLY jealous because that is my favorite color! And with black leather interior too! BASTAGE! Exactly how mine would be if I had been able to choose!

·
Registered
250D Sportline (W124) from 1991
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooo envy, so good...eheheheheh :D

In fact in the shade looks dark grey but in the sun looks brownish or something similar to beije.

When I search the web looking for the MB colour 172 ANTHRACITE GREY MET only show gray car and no one is like mine, and I'm really confused.

I will try to take some new photos and post them here.

P.s. BTW MB W124 is a king in any color even in shock pink :bowdown:

·
Registered
99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB
2,282 Posts
First all paint is mixed to order and can be made darker or lighter to match your existing finish.
A good shop uses a spectrophotometer which makes the new mix extremely close to what you have.
The instrument takes into account the aging/weathering/fading of your paint.

On a metallic it's more difficult to match and usually not a great idea to paint one panel as even though color may match, reflection of the metallic particles may appear different.
Also German cars tend to have an inherent orange peel from the factory...a good painter can replicate this.

Best way is to shoot the whole side of the car from a style line down...eye tends to go from front to back and usually doesn't notice difference above/below a style line or trim !

·
Registered
E320 94', 158K mi
49 Posts
I agree that looks like Anthracite Gray. That's what I wanted! LOVE GRAY I think its the best color for that car. I have a dark blue one its still pretty though.

·
Premium Member
Current, 90 300CE, 92 400E (Sold 95 E320,70 250C, 91 190 2.6, 91 420 SEL, 95 300D, 87 TD)
1,702 Posts
Looks like Anthracite Gray in the photos. And I am SERIOUSLY jealous because that is my favorite color! And with black leather interior too! BASTAGE! Exactly how mine would be if I had been able to choose!
+1 There is a 91-92 300TE at the Hotel in Long Beach I go to the same color and I love it! ( but the wagon at the beach seems a little more brown )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts