Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my 1996 C36 tonight, and suddenly I lost power steering, and the ASR, ABS, SRS, Battery warning lights all lit up. The power steering was completely gone, and the temp needle started climbing past the 120 all the way to the red area, as I drove slowly home.<p>Obviously, Im going to take it to my dealer. But any advance help to identify whats wrong with my car would be greatly appreciated.<p>Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Belt?

: I was driving my 1996 C36 tonight, and suddenly I lost power steering, and the ASR, ABS, SRS, Battery warning lights all lit up. The power steering was completely gone, and the temp needle started climbing past the 120 all the way to the red area, as I drove slowly home.<p>Obviously, Im going to take it to my dealer. But any advance help to identify whats wrong with my car would be greatly appreciated.<p>Thanks<p>Sounds like you snapped/threw a belt. Look under the hood and see if the belt is off. (this happened in my turbo diesel once)<p>Noah<br>1999 C43AMG<br>2001 ML320<br>1983 300SD TD<br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts