Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
after a long time, I finally installed my avic f700BT, but as I was putting it in, something shorted, as neither it or the glovebox light would come on. Also, after I started checking all the fuses, now the airbag off light comes on for a second, then goes out, and then the SRS comes on..
Man Im worried I did something bad...
Any help is appreciated in advance.
Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
421 Posts
Check all the fuses again.. If your amp isnt working (factory one that you wired into..., it might not be powered on).

Very odd you dont have sound...Does the factory amp need to be powered on by the remote wire on the pioneer?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked all the fuses, and thats when the SRS light went on. My geuss is either I unplugged something, or a fuse is loose, Im going to check it out in the sunlight. Now the stereo wont even power up, so I dont think its the amp not powering up, its something from a fuse or realy...
Anyone?

·
Registered
158 Posts
FAR be it for me to know what I'm talking about because I am NOT an audiophile. I do remember some people talking about the preamp voltage needing to me 5 volts or more. The Pioneer site states that the F700BT has a 2.2 volt output.

I really don't think this is your problem, but I will be watching for your success as I wish to install the vary same radio!

Good luck and keep us informed!

Will

1 - 4 of 4 Posts