Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 ML500 with the OEM 17x8 EVO rims, 47mm offset. I'm contemplating upping to 19x9.5. The AMG 5-Spoke (Tire Rack) and the TSW Bremma are my two finalists. The AMG has a 46mm offset and the TSW has a 35mm offset. Will these rims rub in the front? The AMG probably will not. The folks at TSW say the Bremma won't rub, but one of their vendors familiar with MBs say it will - which is it? Can someone familiar with these rims give me a definite answer? Thanks.

Also, I'm looking for the fender flush look. Will I achieve this with the 9.5 width or do I have to go more drastic? I don't mind dropping to 18x10 if I'll get the look. Thanks folks.

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
35mm offset is not correct for your ML
Now I'm all confused. I talked with the folks at TSW and they say it's fine. I know the offset for the AMG 5-spoke is closer to the OEM's offset. What would I be risking with a 35mm offset if I go with the TSW? My layperson thought was that a larger offset would be very undesirable, and that a shorter offset brings the center of the rim closer the the hub thereby not causing any extra loading on the hub due to hub bending. Wrong?

·
Registered
420 Posts
ET35 is way too low for your W164. The higher the offset number, the closer in the wheel will sit. ET35 will be sticking outside the fender line, assuming it is a 9.5" width wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts