Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I got an '04 C240 as my first car almost a year ago now. I've been doing minor exterior mods since I've gotten it but I'm going to a tech school next year to become a certified technician. I'm planning on working on my own car while I'm up there, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to get bigger HP gains. It seems there isn't a whole lot of aftermarket support for my particular model, so what would you guys recommend? I've considered doing the engine swap from a C32 AMG, but with all the time/money/effort that would require I would be better off just buying a C32. Any recommendations are appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes ML320, Mercedes 190E 2.3L (sold), 2001 Mercedes c320(gone)
1,456 Posts
I would doing there's much to be done to increase the power, but you could tune up the car to it's best! That will give you all the power.

1. Maintain plugs and injectors, you can upgrade to bosche iridium ix plugs, you can change what needs to be changed if too old.
2. Clean MAF sensor, if it's high mileage and still original in, get OEM and replace
3. Clean throttle body and establish throttle body boot seals properly
4. Confirm catalytic converter is optimal (important)
5. Seek professional assistance with the transmission, scan, test shifting, if oil is old and dark, dump, measure, replace same amount, dip, warm up, dip again.
6. You can also do the throttle relearn procedure.
7. Check all the joints and arms and replace what's wobbling, confirm tire sizes are correct.

Any other stuff I remember, I will bring up later. It's fairly easy to bring these cars back to top performance.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 c230
48 Posts
The old saying applies here.....HP is money, how fast do you want to go?

Sorry but a 240 is not a performance car/engine, waste of time and effort trying to make it what it was never intended to be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts