Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my camera is either broken or the battery is dead and I can't post pictures now. Anyway, I have removed the black rubber strip around the headlights and now I need to know how to replace the lens? Do I pry the lens off or remove the tab thing around the lens housing? Do I need to reseal with something if I do remove it? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
On mine, there was some glue involved on some of the plastic tabs. Removing that allowed the lens to be unclipped from the body.

Do not touch the reflector with anything, and do not attempt to clean it. You will be sorry if you do.

I used low-volatility silicone sealer on mine, in addition to the rubber gasket, and let it cure completely before attaching the rear cover.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Your question bring me one: If you are able to remove the lens, does that mean you can buy replacement ones?

I checked at my dealer to do so and its is the complete housing that I must buy. That's expensive!!!!

Let me know were I can buy replacement lens if its possible (I live in Canada BTW...).
Thanks,

Uncle Benz

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Your question bring me one: If you are able to remove the lens, does that mean you can buy replacement ones?

I checked at my dealer to do so and its is the complete housing that I must buy. That's expensive!!!!

Let me know were I can buy replacement lens if its possible (I live in Canada BTW...).
Thanks,

Uncle Benz
Hey, Uncle. You can usually find them on e-bay. If you're asking because yours are discolored, do a search, there's information about polishing them to be like new. Here's the info, I went and found it and just added it to the DIY sticky. KUDOS to docfuture for a job well done. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1305149-headlight-lens-restore.html

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hey, Uncle. You can usually find them on e-bay. If you're asking because yours are discolored, do a search, there's information about polishing them to be like new. Here's the info, I went and found it and just added it to the DIY sticky. KUDOS to docfuture for a job well done. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1305149-headlight-lens-restore.html

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg
Hey Hi Greg, Thanks for the tip! I wonder why they haven't done those lens in pyrex as it was on the W201. It wouldn't never fade....

Uncle Benz

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hey Hi Greg, Thanks for the tip! I wonder why they haven't done those lens in pyrex as it was on the W201. It wouldn't never fade....

Uncle Benz
Ho yes, I forgot to ask you something: Polishing results are great BUT how long it will last???

Mine have winsheild washer nosels. I am sure that this make the lens fade faster...

Uncle Benz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts