Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I am trying to figure out roughly how much it will cost me to ship a rear axle from CA to NY so that I can get back the core charge on a purchase I might make. This company (PartsGeek) will not tell me how much this will cost me until AFTER I make a purchase. The problem is, which axle I purchase will be based upon how much the shipping cost, and, no matter how I word my e-mails to this company, they will not provide an answer to me (there is no way to contact them via telephone). So, is there anyone out there who has shipped in a rear axle and who has an idea how much it would cost. The company itself will charge less than $10 to ship the new/remanufacturered one to me. But I don't know if they provide a similarly cheap service for shipping my old axle from myself to them, or if I must go through standard USPS or what. I've sent them 3 e-mails, and every response they send me has avoided the answer and tried to lure me into placing my order first. Very annoying and unprofessional. Please inform.

AEM

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They don't weigh tooooo much. Can you check UPS site and just type in a few pounds?
Okay. So, I just typed in the dimensions and weight (20 lb) into a USPS calculator, and the shipping costs from my location in the SF Bay Area to NJ, where PartsGeek is, is $85 (or, $110 if I don't pay online). My guess is that PartsGeek might offer a special rate to have my old axle sent to them. Anyone know?

Edit: I just checked the USPS price calculator again, and, apparently, there was a hidden box I didn't see that allows for a slower and cheaper shipping rate that only costs $50. That's not too bad; but, it would still be nice to know if PartsGeek, and similar companies, offer cheaper shipping in some way.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
I'd be inclined to tell partsgeek to stop being a bunch of geeks and give you a sodding price before you buy their part or you'll be taking your custom elsewhere.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
+1 Army. Are you sure they don't tell you the shipping price right before you click checkout?
The replies they give are so obscure and tangential to my well-written and specific questions that I cannot even really tell what their policy is. I have just now sent out my fifth e-mail to them and am hoping for a yes or no response that, if given, will provide me with a better picture of how they operate. It's just not worth going into more details about all this at this point; but, I know when the people who are answering my questions are either just dull or trying to pull the wool over my eyes. Since their deals appear to be the best around, I'm willing to put up with the poor communication for a little while longer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts