Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am replace the Left rear window regulator on my S320 1996.
After re-install the motor to the regulator, put a rivet on all five places, I am struggle to put the white fastener to the rail of window regulator so the window can go up and down.
Is there any tricks there? Or you have to put the white fastener to the rail THEN rivet?
Do you lift the glass all the way up or leave it at the bottom?
Help please. I use one of the picture from "MLSCHIEF" here.
Thanks alot.
--JT

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
6,543 Posts
I have printed off the instructions for you and I can Email it to you

·
6,543 Posts
The one that I sent was for the 140032 and I think that is what you have

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much Television. With the document you send I finish the installation in 30 minutes. The second around always easier than the first time ;)
So, if you install the new window regulator, lower the fastener then guide the fastener to the rail. Put the BLACK clip to hold the fastener into the guide rail.
Testing by raise the window all the way up and down to make sure the motor work correctly. THEN, this is the IMPORTANT part, put the rivet on 5 locations.
I made a mistake at first is put the rivets on first then try to put the fastener to the guide rail. Once you rivet it the window cannot move anymore and it is IMPOSSIBLE to put the fatener to the guide rail. Therefore I have to drill out the rivets and redo it.
I learned. And thanks very much Television for sending me the document.
--JT

·
6,543 Posts
Always a pleasure and I am pleased it all went well.

If anyone ever gets stuck doing any job I will always send the work sheet for doing the job

1 - 7 of 7 Posts