Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 SL500
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 SL500. My drivers side power window switch is going bad. I am not sure how to get to it, to replace it. They are only 20 bucks at the dealer, so I really would like to do it myself. I am hoping it easily pops out or something. Any tips would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
1995 SL500, 1985 380SE, 1995 E420(sold)
34 Posts
Since I just my sl500 I'm not 100% sure but when I had my '95 E420 you have to remove the wood console. First the ashtray comes out, then a couple of screws under there come out. then you carefully slide forward and up the wood console. You can then unplug the switch from its connector underneath the panel. I'll recheck my 420 cd to see if this is the way.

·
Registered
'05 SL65 AMG
505 Posts
If you search this forum I think there is a post on how to do this already. You must remove the center console wood to gain access to the swtiches. Pop the radio, climate control, ash tray and shift panel trim. If memory serves me right there are 2 screws under the ash tray and 2 or 3 in the climate control opening.
Hope this helps.

P.S. You are going to need radio keys to get radio and climate control out.

·
Registered
1995 SL500 5.0
27 Posts
replacing homemade switch with original part on my 95 sl500 drivers power window switch need to know what wires go to the 4 terminals on bottom of switch .label on switch for pins are 1,2,3,4. the ones i am replacing are mercedes switches but have larger terminals but when ordered replacement switch the ones i got have much smaller terminals on bottom any help would be great if i could know which terminals were positive and negitive would be a great help
thanks
Bill
ph 910-206-2468

1 - 4 of 4 Posts