Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my benz on saturday, heat worked fine, Tuesday morning no heat! there is no air blowing from vents at all as a matter of fact, can someone help me diagnose and fix my problem? thanks in advance for any help!

·
W124 Moderator
12,604 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I assume you have checked the fuses. If not, it is the best place to start. In fact, it would serve you well to go ahead and replace all the fuses in the box. For the blower motor, there is also an additional fuse that isn't located inside the fuse box. This is the problem many times.

The "strip fuse" is located on the left inner wheel well. It is in a small rectangular black box, just between the strut tower and fender edge, next to the hood alarm switch. Large wire in and out. The top on the box is henged to open towards the motor. Inside is the fuse (30 amp). Take a look see.

Good Luck,

Jayare

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, why would you suggest changing all fuses? anyway, I found that fuse you were talking about already and it is good as well as the one in the fuse box. where do I go from there?

·
W124 Moderator
12,604 Posts
The fuses will oxidize in the holder, caused by the different metals - copper / aluminum. At least spin them around in their sockets.

You might also try setting the HVAC control to off, then go to the econ mode and place the blower setting on high, then auto, then low. If none of this works out, you may very well have a dead blower motor. To replace it requires removal of the wiper assembly. You will find the procedure to do this by doing a search on the forum.

Was the blower making noise when it was working?

Good Luck,

Jayare

1 - 4 of 4 Posts