Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Forum Members,
I'm looking to install a headrest DVD system but it'll require power source to my 05 ML 350. I looked under both the drivers and passer seat and saw some wires and connectors. Do you have any pictures or diagram that can help me setup the power source for the headrest DVD system for both the drivers and passenger headrest? Additional questions I have:

* Will the wire from the headrest DVD player go through the seat to the bottom for wiring?

Appreciate all of your input and look forward to your responses! :)

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
hi, and

welcome on board!! I'm not so familiar how the 05 fuse box set up, but when I did mine I got my power form the fuse box below the glove box, i purchased a power distribution kit so I can power up my DVD player as well. Check the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JimB

Jim,
Based on the photos, looks like you bought the Headrest LCD with external DVD player instead of the built in DVD unit? Were you able to run the wires from the LCD through the headrest pole from the top to bottom all the way through? When you have a chance, will it be possible for you to post some photos on the wiring of the power source under the glove compartment? Thanks again for your advises!

:eek:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I wired mine through the passenger fusebox through the center console and up through the front seats.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
good luck on getting the install done. lets just hope no one breaks into your car. this happened to someone in the post of the "pics" of the ml's.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Deng, sorry

for the very late reply heres a few picture how i did mine as you can see the hot wire(12V) the nut with a red DOT, I used a 10 gauge wire to run the power: the purple one it is;-) and sorry for the caption those were the old picture that i've sent to one of a board member a few years back.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
yes

Dear Forum Members,
I'm looking to install a headrest DVD system but it'll require power source to my 05 ML 350. I looked under both the drivers and passer seat and saw some wires and connectors. Do you have any pictures or diagram that can help me setup the power source for the headrest DVD system for both the drivers and passenger headrest? Additional questions I have:

* Will the wire from the headrest DVD player go through the seat to the bottom for wiring?

Appreciate all of your input and look forward to your responses! :)
You will have to remove the back seat cover to run the wire and you can tie it down neatly. check the pic.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts