Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a c230 with 50K and I dont know whats going on. Its still under extend warranty. I am trying to get the supercharger replaced.But I think my car has lossed its power. I noticed that the supercharger has possibly gone corrupt. The car struggles to accelerates. Its like the supercharger is not kicking in or not working period. I believe since the car has 50K miles on it the supercharger has gone bad. It wasnt doing this before. You could notice the supercharger kicking in when accelerating. I understand the car is a 4cyl but it wasnt struggling like this before and when I try to accelerate I notice it gets high rpms. I dont think the gears are shifting properly bc its struggles so hard even when I floor it.

I took it to the dealer, I am trying to get them to fix the problem, and told them theirs a problem. Shouldnt the supercharger be replaced its at 50k when its struggling ? Its not working. The tech says that 03-05 c230's have different engines and superchargers so one c230 is no comparisons between them since each year is different. When I know for a fact that they all have the same engine and supercharger.The tech says you must floor it for the supercharger to kick in. That was done but still the car struggles. I even drove a V6 without a supercharger but it stuggles like my car too. The car behaves like a c240 now. How can you tell the kompressor supercharger has gone bad ? Has anyone had the supercharger replaced ?Could this be an engine problem ?

The car shouldnt have to struggle. Its like dealing with the dealership is a struggle to overcome your struggles. Why should it be a big deal the car is under warranty ? Should I take this to another dealer ? Help

·
Registered
02 BMW M5, Next Week 04 CLK55 AMG Droptop
203 Posts
I dont know what to tell you. I am having the same problems too. I feel like loss of power from the supercharger. But I have a list of problems and I am trying to get them fixed. But unfortunatley, the stealership doesnt want to fix cars thats under warranty bc they dont get paid much. They like to say "CANT DUPLICATE" or "NO PROBLEM FOUND". I am dealing with the stealership right now, and it is tough. Something needs to be done. I seen cars come in and out and they same thing is happening to them also just problems.

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,181 Posts
Superchargers are not turbo chargers and they do not have lag - even new turbos do not have real lag - look at BMW - they are using turbos now...we have a controll on the intake that limits teh amount of boost - and some M-Bs have and electormacgetic pulley...

Also - a twin screw Eaton style supercharger is the most simple of mechanical devices - and for it not too work is pretty amazing at 50k miles. Granted if you were driving a domestic with a Eaton equipt blower - you would be almost due for a coupler and oil replacement in the front nose cone.

The only way for your blower not to make power, or boost is if it injested matter and opened the clearence between the rotor and the blower housing - thus limiting it's ability to make boost.

I would say you have a leak...or a defficient valve that is open...such as a bypass or diverter valve - there job is to dump overboost and reroute compressed air back into the system if it is not utilized...when there is vacuum the valve is open, when there is boost - it shuts and causes the air to be sent into boost and to the intercooler and the throttle body...

Find the leak - flooring it is not going to help...get a Autometer gauge T it into the vacuum system...run some tube into the cabin and just have the gauge in the "cup holder" - and drive - see what type of boost you are making...it does need load to make boost - or it will stay in open loop no load mode and not compress the air...

or - get a simple cigarette style plug in volt meter and make sure you are making - 14 volts + to see if the belt system is working to par...

Jake

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^I know exactly what I am talking about. The tech was saying floor it and supercharger will work. I knew this wasnt the case. It doesnt pick up at all. When I accelerate it preforms like a c240 now. It wasnt acting like this before.

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,181 Posts
Is it cold were you are? - Maybe you have frozen water in the fuel system causing a block - or if in a wild case...a dirty fuel filter...filters...

My grandfather Buick - "Just fell on its face"
we replaced the inline filter...but when we got to the tank - the pump has a set of filters...and they were as black as dress socks...the new filters and pump were white as gym socks...After those replacements - he is back to 7.5 second dashes to 60...

Jake

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mercedes dont know how to fix it!!

I have had this and i bet you dont get a fault light? I have replaced the secondary air injection valve and today i got the car back and they would not give any guarantee its fixed. They have replaced the recurculating A part number ma111 098 01 09 i dont think they even know whats up with it!! In the picture there are two arrows, the top arrow is were the air inj valve is located, and the bottom is the butterfly recirculation housing they have now replaced, but i dont think its either part. Search for my thread "supercharger failure"!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts