Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have allot of problems with my new C230 that i plan to work on but one issue that i really need to take care of is the crazy vibrating issue before i fix anything else, as the shaking seems to shake the whole car during unknown funny peroids. Sometimes in drive in low speeds & other times during reverse. The "Engine Check" light comes on. When restarting the car the virbating/shaking stops but the check engine light seems to go away after 2 days but appears again after a car shaking/vibrating. I had a car inspection to a mercedes dealer awhile ago that i plan on working on but i need to fix the shaking before anything else. its a very bad issue. seems like the car is lacking power. here is the list from the dealer that gets recommedations that needs to be changed.

Lower Control Arm Bushing
Drag Link And Alighnment
Fuel Filter, Spark Plugs, And Filter
Rear Brakes, Rotors And Pads
Shifter Bushing
Idler Arm Kit
Acces. Drive Belt
Engine Breather Tube
Rear Diff Leaking
Drive Shaft Disc Starting To Show Cracking

Also had the car checked by DiscountTire Co for a free Inspection & they claimed there was a missfire one of the cylinders and that the spark plugs are prob. the cause of the shaking but they dont know how true that is.

So, if you could tell me with the information i provided. what would fix the shaking/vibrating coming from my 1997 c230?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know much, but I susspect the MAF sensor. It causes your car acting weird and engine light on. Code P170 " fuel trim". It happened to my wife 98 C280. MAF sensor replaced. Problem solved.
Check following links. Hope this will help.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202...=mass+air+flow

K6JRF Auto Page
whats the best place to get one of these for a good price online? the first link does not work. if you could please fix it for me it would be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts