Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on two things, if possible:<br> <br> 1) I needed to resolder the wireends to idle control valve today. However, since the original connector is no longer there, I mixed up the wires. There is one black, and one black and yellow (swirl). I am not sure which one is going into which male connector of idle control valve. (I have 380 sl (1982) and it has the idle control unit, Rasputin posted earlier - you can see the picture). <br> <br> 2) My problem is with improper idling; it should be around 800, and sometimes it is; but most of the time it is around 1500! Idle control unit and idle control valve are around $200 each units. I know, Rasputin posted how to check if the unit is functional or not, but that is not that easy without proper equipment.<br> <br> It seems to me that there must be some simpler things to do if the problem is originating from something else.<br> <br> Is there anyone else with the similar problem? Any idea what to check first?<br> <br> Many thanks,<br> Kudret

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kudret,<br> <br> Idle control valve:- The black wire goes to the left pole as seen from above.<br> <br> Fast idle:- If you cant check the control unit there is further test you can do without an ohm-meter:- disconnect the plug on the temperature switch (42ºC -105ºF)and bridge the plug with a wire (or make a link between the two poles on the thermoswitch with a copper wire and replug). Start the car and get to temp (80ºC, if idle still high you will have eliminated one of the causes (thermoswitch).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts