Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 2005 S500 and sometime the comand just stopped working. The screen lights up when you hit 'power' but then after a few seconds it says "SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE" then shut down. Doesn't matter if you try radio, CD, Nav, Service, Phone, etc. ( it will display Nav unavailable.. Phone unavailable.....)I try to restart car, sometime it's help, but sometime is not. I went to dealer yestoday, after check they said: should be Amplifier problem, and I need change one..It's almost 2000 bucks.....(Actually, I don't think it's amplifier problem, because when everything is works, it's works, never stop until next time when I start my car)..I'm tired for tihis problem right now.... :surrender:

Did anyone have experience for this?
:crybaby2:
Thank you...

Daniel

·
Registered
33 Posts
this almost sound like a fiber optic problem to me. if you have any kind of a break in the optic link you can end up with all kinds of problems like that. Some place in the loop you probably have a kink, or a connection that is just not plugged in all the way. try checking all the plug in connections at the amp, the phone, the disk changer, and the radio.
good luck

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,864 Posts
Dadzilla is correct - however, if the problems persist after the check of the connections, it could be a bad component - e.g., your amp. A bad component will effectively act the same way a broken connection would. An internet search on "Mercedes Bose Repair" will get you the names of any number of shops that repair Bose amps in Benzes. Costs are a LOT less than a new one.

For help locating the system components (and therefore the connections) see the phone bulletin for your car at Phone Bulletins

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dadzilla is correct - however, if the problems persist after the check of the connections, it could be a bad component - e.g., your amp. A bad component will effectively act the same way a broken connection would. An internet search on "Mercedes Bose Repair" will get you the names of any number of shops that repair Bose amps in Benzes. Costs are a LOT less than a new one.

For help locating the system components (and therefore the connections) see the phone bulletin for your car at Phone Bulletins
I will check it.
thank you Dadzilla and skylaw~~~~:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts