Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to use my flat key today....went out, and used it to unlock the door. Now, I can't get the SOB out of the door handle lock!!!! It simply won't budge!! There has to be a trick but I don't know it. PLEASE HELP! Thanks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The locking pins/slides may be rusted, gummed up or otherwise corroded. If this is the case, simply take the key and "wiggle" it up and down (not side-to-side) while applying gentle pressure to turn it in the direction you need it to go. If you get the key loose you can try graphite powder to lube up the pins. If the key gets stuck again you will need to get the lock replaced.
If this does not work you will probably have to take the car to a locksmith or dealer, if you have the original key. Best of luck.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I would try some Penetrating Oil (like MicroMist), and let it sit for a while. DON'T use WD40.

I our environment, the local Locksmiths STRONGLY ADVISE **AGAINST** using Graphite..

If you are around any type of humidity, the graphite powder just turns into a sticky PASTE, and does more harm, than good.

Let us know how it turns out....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts