Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'54 CLK55AMG Cab
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had seen this before I try ordering an expensive door lock. I have to keyless go option 889

I opened the driver door earlier, got in and the door wont close, it just bounces off the door latch.

The catch that hooks around the locking eye (A2037200004) springs back to open position even if I hold it closed and try and lock the door.

I'm guessing I could need A2097201235 although it could easily be electrical I suppose and would like to rule this out.

Thanks for any help.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
Have you tried to actuate it with a screwdriver? If you can't make it stay open, then yes, you need a new "lock" and it's not cheap - around $500!

·
Registered
'54 CLK55AMG Cab
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks it seemed like it had to be mechanical but the keyless system is still a bit magic to me as far as that is concerned.

I just popped into MB and the mechanic said he has only seen it once before. New part ordered, hopefully I can find the time to fit it.

Thanks for your response.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
Yeah, there is really nothing magic about the KeylessGo system - it does the same thing as the button on the SmartKey fob, but instead of having to take the fob out of your pocket, it just uses the touch sensors and buttons on the door handles. Everything else is the same.

·
Registered
'54 CLK55AMG Cab
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As an update on this I have completed the repair. The only really tricky step was getting the lock in and out of the door.

After removing the lock I noticed that the keyless go addition was causing the lock to fail. I only had a quick look but it seems to move the mechanism under the arm so that it has something to latch to. This failing meant that the arm seemed to fail.

Having removed and reattached it the lock began working again correctly. I am now wondering if I had unplugged this part it could have reset it. Of course I am happier knowing I have a new part in its place though. Driving around holding the door closed isn't advised!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts