Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 200
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aid, enters water my slk. [:(!]

When I wash my slk enters water by the rubber meeting that there is between both lateral crystals.

I have taken the car to the official concessionaire, but they have not solved it.

Somebody can say to me as I can fit to the crystals?

A greeting.

·
Registered
SLK 200K
144 Posts
jopix - 3/16/2005 12:19 PM

Aid, enters water my slk. [:(!]

When I wash my slk enters water by the rubber meeting that there is between both lateral crystals.

I have taken the car to the official concessionaire, but they have not solved it.

Somebody can say to me as I can fit to the crystals?

A greeting.
G'day jopix,

Where are you from (it appears that English is not your first language)? It would be helpful if you could update your profile (via the "profile/preferences" link at the top of the page) with your location, so that it appears in all of your posts.

Are you using a high pressure washer? If so, perhaps the pressure is great enough to displace the rubber seal between the two side windows, particularly if you are directing the spray from the back of the car toward the front.

Cheers,
....Julian

·
Registered
SLK 200
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good day.

I have already updated my profile,

I hope that this good. pardon by my English.

Yes, Ã?m using to high pressure to washer, but the water enters almost with facility without pressure and the air also enters with facility.

I don't believe that this this good. The rubber by which the water enters, when this wet, note that the crystal does not support of uniform form, in some parts remains without support.

Greetings from Spain

·
Registered
SLK 200K
144 Posts
jopix - 3/16/2005 5:43 PM

Good day.

I have already updated my profile,

I hope that this good. pardon by my English.

Yes, Ã?m using to high pressure to washer, but the water enters almost with facility without pressure and the air also enters with facility.

I don't believe that this this good. The rubber by which the water enters, when this wet, note that the crystal does not support of uniform form, in some parts remains without support.

Greetings from Spain
Buonas díaz jopix,

Your English is better than my Spanish. [:)]

I know what you mean. The rubber seal between the windows on the driver's side of my car has a slight gap, near the top, where the rubber doesn't touch the glass. While I haven't had any problems with water entering, it does result in a wind noise at high speed.

I expect that my dealer will be able to adjust the windows to fix it, the next time I take it in for a service. If they can't, I'll be complaining to directly to Mercedes-Benz Australia. If your dealer can't fix your problem, you should contact Mercedes-Benz Espana.

Cheers,
...Julian

·
Registered
SLK 200
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello to all

I would like to fix to me to the car I.

If I put myself in contact with Mercedez-Benz Spain, it transmits will be long and expensive.

If it adjustment I the car will take less and the next time that happens to me no longer I will have to go to the mecnico.

Somebody commented in another one topic that wise like solving it.

Greetings from Spain

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
The windows can be repositioned. This was a frequent problem with the old SLK. In the case of the old SLK, you could readjust the windows by passing a screwdriver into the holes underneath the door, and twisting the little adjuster screws inside.

I haven't actually checked if this is the same thing in the R171 (my windows are perfectly tight and no water can get in), but I think it must be possible to adjust it yourself.

Just be careful if you attempt to do it on your own!

·
Registered
SLK 200
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shinigami Thanks.

In new slk I believe that they are four screws, in this photo see four corks underneath the door.

As soon as it can I prove to solve the problem.

Greetings from Spain

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Yes, the screws are most likely under those 'corks'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts