Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
W210 AMG E50 1997
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought an E50 1997 and had it fully serviced includig ATF fluid and filter change. Since that there is odd vibration felt when engine is running. The engine itself feels to run smoothly ( rechanged the spark plugs with no effect ), but I suspect that the problem comes from the automatic transmission ( turbine wheel ?? ) How can that be ? Has the mechanic done some damage when changing the filter or is it possible that the ATF fluid is of wrong type or the level is incorrect ?

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes-Benz S55 ///AMG, 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350
685 Posts
Your post is not very clear, are you saying the engine runs smoothly in Park or Neutral throughout the RPM range, but has a vibration while a gear is engaged and you are driving?

If that is the case, does the vibration come on at a specific speed? Also how many miles/KMon the car please?

·
Registered
W210 AMG E50 1997
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the vibration is present even at N & P positions of gearbox. Do you mean that there is nothing going around in the automatic gearbox in these positions ? Erverything that meets the eye in the engine room seems to be in perfect order; spark plugs, coils & all wiring. I suppose that it's necessary to take the car again to a diagnostic tester before everything else, which costs more money on that already beefy bill that I paid them for causing this problem. Reminds me of a similar situation with a new -99 VW Passat 2.8 V6 where fault diagnosis never showed anything and finally the solution was to get rid of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts