Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my CLK Cab brake Pads with EBC GreenStuff Pads from TireRack to get rid of those annoying black dust on my front wheels.<br> <br> Now 2 days later, my brakes squeals and grind when it comes to slow stops. Brand new brake Pads and Alomst new rotors...installed by the MB dealer.<br> <br> Is the Porterfield Pads better? Will they make noise as well, or are they quiet like the OEM pads? Will they give out black dust???<br> <br> Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can get it at any local Pepboys, Kragen, etc. (more)

It should come with directions, but you'll need to have the pads removed and then replaced to install it. You may be able to complain to your dealer since they installed it to redo it for free using antisqueal.<br> <br> On a side note, my pads are so loud that I just decided to get my Brembo's earlier.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do they really keep the front wheels cleaner? My wheels get dirty real fast and I hate it !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes...but I wouldn't recommend EBC's...I used Axxis on my SLK and it does make a big

difference. After 100miles, there were still no trace of brake dust.<br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got mine from Olymptic Auto (see URL). You'd have to drill these pads so the sensor can be used..

but it's a no-brainer. You won't regret it. A few people with SLKs used EBC pads and their rotors warped.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have heard many drivers say "EBC pads warped my rotors" - and I couldn't understand....

be - until now. Simply put, in the EBCs, as the temperature rises, the friction coefficient decreases - therefore the hot pad stays on the rotor surface longer creating excessive heat. It is very high heat that warps and cracks rotors. You will not see EBCs on the race car circuit - maybe motorcycles. Go with Axxis or even a more rotor friendly Porterfield - very low dust in either case.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im getting ready to dump Greenstuff..

<br> After about 8,000 miles, my rotors are warped.<br> <br> Im looking around for alternatives, but I won't try green stuff again.<br> <br> Too bad really, I really liked the concept.<br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
help o n pad istall, porterfields... clk430 coupe

i will be puttin on porterfields on all 4 wheels this week any of you done this??? any suggestions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts