Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 e240 facelift
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day! My problem is that my 2000 e240 won't shift from park it was stuck. 3 malfunctions occured abs, esp and brake assist. My suspect is, a faulty brake light switch, I wanna get more opinions from you guys. when i hit the brake pedal, all of my brake lights at the rear are not switching. I already tried to disconnect the battery at nothing happened. Any suggestions before I'll buy brake light switch? Or is this really the problem?

Thanks guys!

Befor I forget all my power windows are also malfucntioning coz of this.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
I am not familiar with your model. However, it is a typical symptoms of a w210 model faulty brake switch. Your windows malfunction is because of you disconnected the battery. You have to reset them and the process is in the stickies regarding disconnecting/reseting and changing the battery. Then again this applies to w210 model and I am not familiar with your model.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Plus one on the brake light switch, same issue regardless of your engine.

And the battery disconnect messed up your window sync, that's covered in your manual.

Get the new switch at the dealer, the aftermarket ones are quite buggy.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2000 e240 facelift
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good day I removed the old brake light switch. I cleaned it and put it back. Still the falut is there. In my opinion maybe the the BLS is really beyond clean or repair. Thanks! Any thoughts?

Tomorrow my new brake light switch will arrive I hope it will solve the problem.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
No thoughts other than don't be worry. It is a brake switch and locking in the park is also normal. As CC mentioned, do not replace it with other than Bosch switch or buy from the dealer, which is again, Bosch. Pull the switch plunger all the way out before installing, it will automatically adjust to the length needed.

Re-sync the windows, seats, sunroof etc. and process in the stickies.

Take care.

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
Yes Bosch is the maker, but I have only seen the brake light switch here in the US in MB part/packaging - maybe that's just me.

No-names or names like URO are no d*mn good at all.

Price MB brake light switch went up tpast couple of months - I think due to demand !

·
Registered
2000 e240 facelift
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just finished installing my new brake light switch. So far everything is fixed no more stuck in park, abs esp and bas are also gone. Hope the problem will not come back. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts