1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
ml 320 amg style 2001
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all from Russia !:)
(sory for my english ).
w163154 2001, problem whith front left door clock ,dos not closd by central panel and by remote key , when to close by hand key closed is only one front left door . When all doors are closed , lt is possible to open locks and by hand key and by central panel . May be problem with mickrik of driver door ? Haw to check ? Thanks.

·
Registered
ml 320 amg style 2001
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to replace the door lock. Which door is it and I will supply a part #. Also what i your full vin #?

It is left front door. The VIN is
WDC1631541A269387
ml 320 (amg style ) 04. 2001
Thank a lot for sou fust answer!

·
Registered
ml 320 amg style 2001
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only today we managed to
change the new lock the door.
unfortunately nothing has
changed.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,104 Posts
Only today we managed to
change the new lock the door.
unfortunately nothing has
changed.
Questions:

1. Using the photo of the ML above, is your gas tank door on the left side or right side?

2. If there was no problems with the door locks and everything worked fine, would you have to press the UNLOCK button once or twice to enter the truck?

·
Registered
ml 320 amg style 2001
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1.The door of tank is on left side.
2.When I pressed UNLOCK button once were opend front left door and door of gas tank,
other doors were opened when to press the button twice.

·
Registered
ml 320 amg style 2001
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1.The door of tank is on left side.
2.When I pressed UNLOCK button once were opend front left door and door of gas tank,
other doors were opened when to press the button twice.

·
Registered
ml 320 amg style 2001
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The problem with the lock of
the front left door appeared
simultaneously with the refusal
of remote button.
" problem whith
front left door clock ,dos not
closd by central panel and by
remote key , when to close by
hand key closed is only one
front left door . When all doors
are closed , lt is possible to open
locks and by hand key and by
central panel ."

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,104 Posts
You didn't answer the question. When you press the unlock button the first time, does the gas door open? You must check to see.

·
Registered
ml 320 amg style 2001
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I said that from the remote
does not opens out onto
none of the doors, including gas
tank door.

·
Registered
2001 ML430
5 Posts
I think that you have a problem with AAM from the start. If I understand this correctly your remote does not work, drivers door will not lock from central console (my guess when door is opened), and all doors will unlock with a key - I think that AAM died and the rest is quite normal operation (safety feature on drivers side to prevent you from locking yourself out). Of course first you should check remote batteries and sync the key before going to AAM

·
Registered
2004 ml500
166 Posts
Looks like I have the same exact problem (did not notice this post). The driver side door lock will not lock / unlock with the remote or central panel.
The gas door locks and unlocks correctly with the remote.

·
Registered
ml 320 amg style 2001
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I think that you have a problem with AAM from the start. If I understand this correctly your remote does not work, drivers door will not lock from central console (my guess when door is opened), and all doors will unlock with a key - I think that AAM died and the rest is quite normal operation (safety feature on drivers side to prevent you from locking yourself out). Of course first you should check remote batteries and sync the key before going to AAM
Remote batteries are new,sync the key is not possible ( no any changes).

A year ago, is already there, one just passed the inclusion of turning off the ignition several times, the second time has passed after the adaptation of AAM. Now simply is not possible until diagnose Star. There was hope for the comparison of the symptoms of the problem with the experience of the participants of the forum. However, thanks to all who tried to help.

·
Registered
2004 ml500
166 Posts
I am going ot take the panel off and check what is going on, based on the posts i have read it can be mechanical or fuses.

·
Registered
2001 ML55 AMG
112 Posts
i think its AAM also, i just had mine changed, the doors would not unlock from the remote and the alarm had stopped working. a quick check on star diagnostics found the AAM failing and i had it replaced. all good now... AAM quick cheap here in new zealand also, i got one for $600nz... brand new from germany.

·
Registered
2004 ml500
166 Posts
Finally got the panel off today and see .. there is nothing happening when i lock / unlock from the remote (as if there is no power) .. not even a little tick/sound comes off from the left front door. I don't remember what fuses i need to check or swap to check .. need to search again -- anyone knows?

43sd, btw ..yes the gas lock - unlocks on the first unlock click of the remote.

It was not the fuse .. I replaced with a spare fuse and it did nto fix it ..and the right back door lock work with the remote.

It has to be the AAM or The lock itself ( but if it a problem of the lock I would expect to hear a click at least -- but i hear nothing.

RI Install AAM instructions please?

·
Registered
2001 ML55 AMG
112 Posts
well you cant install AMM unless you have star diagnostics software... you have to pull the existing codes from the faulty AAM before you put new one in.. doing the actual fitting is dead easy, its under your fuse box in the engine bay...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts