Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I left my 1997 c280 and locked the doors with the transmitter and it worked fine. When I came back, the transmitter would not work, and neither would the key in the manual lock on the passenger side door. The Lock button on the dash is blinking but I am not sure if that means the transmitter or manual locks are disabled. I tried changing the batteries in both of my transmitters but that didn't work. I know one of the transmitters is functioning because the red light will light up when I hold down the button. Does anyone have any ideas about how to unlock the doors?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
De-icer lube

Is the car outside in the freezing cold or garaged? Water may have frozen inside the mechanical door assembly due to a leaking window seal. The hard key should work anyway, it might take a couple of attempts since the mechanical lock has not been used often.
Have you tried the drivers side door or trunk? If you can access the trunk then at least you can check the battery voltage. You may want to try some de-icer/lube in drivers key hole. Happy holidays, B

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about the dead battery, but I don't think that's it because of the lights still blinking on the console. I tried using the manual key yesterday but that did not work but I will try the de-icing. I will also check the battery if I'm able to get into the trunk. Does anyone know if any of the locks get disabled when you push the center console lock button?? I seem to remember reading something about that in the manual.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Also, thanks bmeister for the suggestion about the de-icer. After using more and more of it, the de-icer did the job and the manual key hole turned and worked. Thanks again, bonawitz07

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Whew!

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Also, thanks bmeister for the suggestion about the de-icer. After using more and more of it, the de-icer did the job and the manual key hole turned and worked. Thanks again, bonawitz07
YW:dance: Glad you didn't have to resort to my last solution

concerning the battery, supposed to be a balmy 60 here tomorrow:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts