Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jesus I don't even know where to begin. 1993 300E 3.2.

Had the car about 1.5 years now and it has been mostly fine But a few months after I bought it, the indicator light for "light out" started coming on intermittently when I pushed the brake pedal. It would come and go.

Fast forward a year and a half. Fuse #3 starts blowing all the time. This fuse controls rear tail light on right side, instrument cluster lighting, HVAC lighting, window button lighting, etc. Put in a new fuse and when I flip on the lights, it blows. Keep lights off and it's OK.

I removed the rear light panel on the right side. Disconnected it from harness thinking this must have been the problem because the dummy light went on when I hit the brake pedal. Put in new fuse. Still blows fuse when light goes on.

A few months ago this problem led me to remove the instrument cluster and mess around with the rheostat but I put it back in and it seemed to be just fine. I am just completely out of ideas.

Anyone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same MB. 300E 3.2 93 / I do know that when a fuse blows it is getting a direct ground from somewhere, especialy if the fuse pops right away.(not a bending slow blow, melting)

My passenger side headlight and passenger tail light were dim and I replaced the K relay next to the fuse panel under the hood driver side and they work fine now however I still had a light /panel indicator on/ Found out I also had a passenger side light out so I replaced the small bulb front parking/signal light which was out and it now works fine however the indicator light still stays on?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts