Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! whenever i turn my car on and drive, the check engine light shows up and wouldnt go away. i checked the malfunctions screen and nothing seemed to be wrong. i poped the hood and everything seems normal. whats wrong?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It happened to me a couple of weeks ago but before i have the time to take my car to dealership the light went off by itself (i think mine was on because i didnt drove it for a couple of days and it is cold right here). But for precaution check it to your dealer

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
most likely is yr fuel cap not firmly closed...did u just fuel up?

If so, thats probably the reason, if u didnt close the cap right, yr check engine light will show up! U have to bring the car back to MB and have the computer reset.<br> If u didnt fuel up recently, sorry, dont know why.<br> Good luck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: most likely is yr fuel cap not firmly closed...did u just fuel up?

i did fill it up recently, but i live in new jersey so we have gas station attendents who fill up the gas. im not sure if he put the cap on properly because about a week ago, i filled it up and took the guy 10 minutes and the help of another guy to close it. i had to close it for them. thanks for the info...ill check.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i rarely drive the car, and it sits in my garage for a week atleast until the weekend. could this be the problem? me not driving it often?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm almost certian that its yr fuel cap not being closed propoerly!

Take the car to MB & have them reset the computer and u're okay.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mark, best send it to the dealer's.<br> <br> With the W203, it could be anything. Long storage problem? That might be the fuel pump. Some malfunctions don't show up in the MFD. So just send it to your dealer so they can plug in the Star Diagnosis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts