Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
ML320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the engine oil and filter of my '98 ml320. Everything went well but after driving a few miles, the check engine oil light came on. I checked by works and can find no leaks. Any ideas of what I can do to solve this?
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same thing happen, I just checked, and add about 3/4 qt of oil and all is good now. So i would check that first if that is not it i would do another filter change.

·
Registered
ML320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions Redhot0310

Thanks Nenad, I will check that tomorrow.

It might be time to open Owners Manual and read about Check Engine light.
Witek,
I did not find the manual to be an excellent troubleshooting source in this case thats why I am seeking the counsel of people more knowledgeable than me in the subject.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,104 Posts
Just to clarify things, are you referring to the CHECK ENGINE light in the lower right of the page or are you referring to the Engine Oil Level Low light in the left hand column?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,134 Posts
Why in the right column of that chart does the "Battery not being charged properly"
description have an oil light next to it instead of the battery symbol?

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,104 Posts
Why in the right column of that chart does the "Battery not being charged properly"
description have an oil light next to it instead of the battery symbol?
That pic is direct from the 98 Owner's Manual. Didn't notice that, but i can only presume that M/B made a boo boo. And they make plenty of them, as do we all.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,134 Posts
You are right, I have the PDF of the 98 and it is in there also. I could not check it until
I got this computer online today where the MB stuff is stored. I should dump it all on
a flash drive so I can have it with me at all times and I would not have had to ask that
questions.

Mercedes makes boo boos? Say it ain't so. LOL

·
Registered
ML320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotya Witek, Thanks!
43sqd, it is the "check engine" light on the lower right.

I went to Advanced Auto and they checked the error codes and these two came up:
P0460: Fuel level sensor
P0400: Egr valve

Thanks for all your help people!
I am about to do some searching but any links or advice to fix will be much appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts