Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
W210 2001 E430
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what is going on but all of a sudden today my center blower refuses to blow at high speeds. All other vents work perfectly fine. Anyone know a solution to this problem? My center vents are my best friend in the winter :(.

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
I'm not sure what is going on but all of a sudden today my center blower refuses to blow at high speeds. All other vents work perfectly fine. Anyone know a solution to this problem? My center vents are my best friend in the winter :(.
Help us out here and claify a couple of points----when you advance the fan speed what happens---more air or no more air comes out regardless of location??

What happens to the volume of air when you redirect the air flow to say the defroster or to the feet???

Hope you don't freeze you A off in the process----I know the feeling our temps are supposed to go down to the low 60's tonight. The good news is that the pool won't freeze over!!

·
Registered
W210 2001 E430
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Help us out here and claify a couple of points----when you advance the fan speed what happens---more air or no more air comes out regardless of location??

What happens to the volume of air when you redirect the air flow to say the defroster or to the feet???

Hope you don't freeze you A off in the process----I know the feeling our temps are supposed to go down to the low 60's tonight. The good news is that the pool won't freeze over!!
1) When I advance in fan speed the two side ones increase in power. The center just stays on what seems like extremely low.

2) Where ever I redirect it to I get a stronger flow there. However, I can't seem to get the air flow redirected to the center.

3) Lucky! It's about 43 degrees outside at the moment and dropping! :(

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
Enjoy ice fishing--------------------your system is working as designed----directing warm air to the passengers

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,724 Posts
Per my experience the dash center vents, center armrest box and passenger vents are all on one duckt. If you close the others - the center will get more air. That has to be done manually.
Than dealing with older models -the vacuum control uses what is called elements. The power chambers that push the controls. At certain age the rubber diaphragms deteriorate and rebuilding whole system is pretty big job.

·
Registered
2001 E320
151 Posts
hey man....here's a diagram of your vents...check to make sure the ducting is intact, they seem to come apart over the years/bumps!...good luck!

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
Do you know why my neighbor's E320 1997 blows air from the center?
I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding here. It should blow normally from the center vent. The debate is whether it blows warm air from the center vent or only cold air. The older models (e.g. the W201) only blew cold/unheated air from the center vent.
On to your car, there may be a problem with the flap that control the flow of air to the center vent. It is controlled via a vacuum tube. The vacuum tube runs from a controller box behind the dash, somewhere to the left of the glove-box. So it the pipe is leaking or the controller is not working, the flap for the center vent will not work correctly and may be half closed.

·
Registered
2001 CLK 200 Kompressor w208
81 Posts
hope this helps

usual problem is the filter. have you checked it? usually i replace my a/c filter (inside the glove compartment) every time i experience that my a/c is blowing very weak, i change the filter and the blower returns to normal. usually its clogged and dirty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts