Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I saw the radio wiring diagram for MB on the audio forum, but I can't find out the Ignition for my radio wire. Can someone tell me where I can find out the correct wire located and color of it.<br> <br> Thanks for your help<br> <br> Jason

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: It's usually brown. On the diagram, it's pin 7 of the lowest plug.

Hi Frank thank for your reply, but I check my lowest plug, it only have 4 wires wich is #2(gray wire), #4(Red&white wire) , #5(blue wire) and #8(borwn wire). I know #4 is power always 12V and #8 is Ground but don't know #2 and #5 is what?<br> <br> Please help me Thanks<br> <br> Jason

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is none.

Cars with steering wheel controls have Can-bus to control the radio, and replace the ignition line and illumination wire.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is what it says in my E-class wire schematic

This is for Pre-2000 production car<br> <br> Pin 01 GAL-speed signal from rear axle (green/black GNBK)<br> <br> Pin 02 Diagnostic (grey-GY)<br> <br> Pin 03 None<br> <br> Pin 04 +12 volt (red-white RDWH)<br> <br> Pin 05 Antenna (blue-white BUWH)<br> <br> Pin 06 Interior light (grey-blue GYBU)<br> <br> Pin 07 Ignition (black-yellow BKYE)<br> <br> Pin 08 Ground (brown BN)<br> <br> This for the SOCKET A which is the lowest plug. I hope this is helpful.<br> <br> John J

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks John for you help but I only have 4 wires on my Socket A

Thanks John for you help but I only have 4 wires on my Socket A which are pine 4 for power pine 8 for Ground pine 2 (don't know what it's) and pine 5 (don't know what it's) <br> <br> Thanks<br> <br> Jason

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Thanks John for you help but I only have 4 wires on my Socket A

Hello Jason,<br> <br> Pin 2 is a diagnostic wire (grey GY) that goes to the Data Link connector (DTC readout) Pin 5 wire (blue-white BUWH) goes to the sound system/ antenna control connector sleeve. This is from the wire schematic for E-clas made after 6/99 given to me by my dealer's tech. I know it is tricky trying to figure out the wire layout. I am trying to locate the VSS-speed signal wire for a few days now and I still can't find it!!! Do you have any idea where the speed signal wire is? If I have a scanner I would e-mail you my copy of the wire schematic. Good luck!<br> <br> John J

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks John , do you know where I I can find any Ignition wire...?

Hi John , thanks for your help , but do you know where I can find any Ignition wire around radio area?<br> <br> I will try to find out the VSS for you.<br> <br> Thanks for your help<br> <br> Jason

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe the ignition and the interior light are now in the CAN-Bus

Hello Jason,<br> <br> I have a 2002 E55 and I believed the ignition is programmed into the CAN-Bus system. Unfortunate you can not modifiy CAN-Bus wires. They 2 wires, brown and brown-red, and they are located in the Pin 1 and Pin 2 of the smaller plug (plug C) above the main Socket A/B. My dealer tech is giving me more wiring schematic next week and I will try to find out for you. Also ask Ivan, he just installed a navigation unit in his E-class and he may know where it is.<br> <br> John J

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If all you need is an ignition wire for aux power go to the cig lighter below the radio. Otherwise Horst explained the wiring correctly.<br> <br> Scott

·
Registered
2000 E320
173 Posts
So... which wire was it and where? I'm going to install a nav system in a 2000 E Class also but I can't find the VSS wire. I don't have a green/black wire in position one of the A radio harness. The stock radio which has the speed dependent volume control only has a gray, red/white, yellow/balck, blue/white and brown wire in that A radio harness block. Is the gray wire the VSS wire?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts