Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, i need some help please - I have a uk 1998 c class and the battery is dead flat - i cannot get into boot to jump the car / recharge the battery - The problem is that the spare valet blade key wont open boot as lock is jammed tried wd40 but its just jammed - is there a mannual boot release or do i have to drill the lock ??? help much appreciated:crybaby2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe helpful!

I suggest a rolling start, then just drive around for half an hour :) That is, if you have a manuall transmission.

I'm not used to automatics, but try the lock again, but don't overspray it with WD-40, that leaves a mess...

Wiggle the lock with the key, carefully pull the key slightly outwards, then the same inwards... This should loosen the lock enough to turn the key, eventually!

Hope you figure it out!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Open the hood and you will find a secondary charging point to tap in with another battery, just as you would use to jump a car. It is on the driver's side (US) near the fender and is a black box with one visible post and a cap over the other I believe. You put one lead on the post and the other to the car chassis somewhere to ground then go back inside your car and hit the trunk release button. Disconnect immediately in proper order. You will then be able to charge your battery, but don't jump it while connected to the vehicle to avoid any damage to ECU, etc. Once it's charged reconnect to car and you're good. Be sure your battery has the vent tube connected to the plastic nipple to properly vent combustible gasses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts