Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my radio started cuting on and off by it self.
i got in the car today and after about a min of driveing the radio cut off the about 30 seconds later it came back on and it repeated the same patern a few times then i got home and shut the car off.
what could it be?
when it does turn of ill be listening to a cd then it will cut off and when it comes back on the fm radio is on then it will go back to the cd player and also the volume was acting wired like i would try to turn it louder and it wouldent go up the go up by it self.:surrender:
i searched on ebay and found some on there but they look like a different layout with the screen and buttons but it looks like its the same size and they say it is for a w211 and a w219 which i think is a cls class.
so would it work?
help me out guys i would like to fix the one i have or find the problem.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hello,
I have the same problem with my radio. It began to cut on and off about 2 weeks ago.
My dealer says that the radio has to be replaced. $875.00 plus labor and program.
I have the basic radio, audio 50 am/fm, cassette, single CD, 6 disc changer.
MBZ 2003 E320

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
hey guys my radio started cuting on and off by it self. i would like to fix the one i have or find the problem.
More times than not the Audio Gateway (AGW) needs replacement (see #210 in diagram) – common problem for MY03 because the original AGW (amplifier) installed at production lacks adequate ventilation and as such overheats shutting the system down until cooled. If it is found to be the AGW current part # is 2118706989 list $1150 however, check online (i.e.: parts.com $793.50).

In addition, update your Audio50 headunit software by purchasing MBUSA Special Tool (service disc) 211589122200 for about $12.50 – DIY simply load the disc into the disc player PM your email address and I will forward the DTB with update process.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts