Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a little nightmare trying to replace the vacuum modulator on a 1995 e300d. I am on my second one because the first one would not fit. Both of the models I got were 126 270 93 79 however the design was different for each one. One had a removable black rubber cap and the other had a one time plastic adjustment cap.

The original one came out easily when I removed the two hex bolts. When attempting to install the replacement modulators the fit is so tight and will not go all the way in. Im not sure if I should apply alot of force or not because of how easily the original came out.

PLEASE ANYONE???

·
Registered
16,754 Posts
Sounds like you got the wrong parts.

Being a late W124, your modulator should be the type with the white knurled nylon lever. The type that has the black cap w/ hidden T is the older type and not applicable to your car.

Suggest you compare the old modulator to the new one, they both should have the white nylon lever. They should be visually identical. Fitment should be w/o problems other than perhaps using a few drops of ATF fluid on the mating surface of the new modulator.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Is it possible the new seal on the new regulator is what is offering the resistance you are feeling? You might want to put some transmission fluid on it when you install the modulator just to rule that out as a cause.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even though they both have the same part number as I stated previously they both are different designs. The second one has the lever like the original but the body that goes in the tranny is different.

How much pressure should I apply to get this in. I mean its extremely tight and will have to wedge something to apply additional pressure.

Has anyone installed one of these lately?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts