Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get a set of AMG 16 inch Penta rims?

Ideally, i'd like the ones with a wider rear track to go onto my 1989 560SL

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
You and everybody else wants those wheels. The way to find them is to be vigilant and patient.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I missed out on a set of AMG Pentas on ebay a few weeks ago, the sold for about AUD$430 (USD$390), and they were 16" too, and within an hour's drive of me.

Oh... and a word of warning, unless you have absolutely no other option, steer well clear of Adsit, they have more unhappy customers than any other parts place, read the small print on the order form and you'll see why... or do a search on them. All they want is your money... they will not provide any service.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can I have your old wheels if you find the Pentas?
Now Now Dig :)

Thanks for your welcome by the way.

I intend to keep both wheels. I know the Lorinsers are very hard to come by and they really fill out my arches perfectly.

I've always loved those old AMG pentas and they also look perfect on the 107 Chassis with the right suspension set up.

I have though with a lot of luck, managed to secure a set of 8x16 Pentas for about 500 pounds. Yes. . . . i am desperate!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I missed out on a set of AMG Pentas on ebay a few weeks ago, the sold for about AUD$430 (USD$390), and they were 16" too, and within an hour's drive of me.

Oh... and a word of warning, unless you have absolutely no other option, steer well clear of Adsit, they have more unhappy customers than any other parts place, read the small print on the order form and you'll see why... or do a search on them. All they want is your money... they will not provide any service.
Thanks for that word of warning :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can I have your old wheels if you find the Pentas?
Now Now Dig :)

Thanks for your welcome by the way.

I intend to keep both wheels. I know the Lorinsers are very hard to come by and they really fill out my arches perfectly.

I've always loved those old AMG pentas and they also look perfect on the 107 Chassis with the right suspension set up.

I have though with a lot of luck, managed to secure a set of 8x16 Pentas for about 500 pounds. Yes. . . . i am desperate!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
I went with AMG replicas at a great price.......

......from discount tire. The wheels look far better in person than they do in the pics. Adds a bit of a sporting flair to the SL I think.
dws

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think I might really like those rims. Do you think they would look good in black, instead of red?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts