Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ML 280 CDI
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a problem with the airmatic. The point is that after raising the car pressing the Airmatic button, the message "raising" is shown in the dashboard until it reach the upper position so raising function works ok.

But when pressing again the airmatic button , the display shows the normal lowering message, but nothing happens. It remains at the higher position while the "lowering" message remains until the car is turned off.

Only when turning off the car and closing it, after some seconds the car goes down while decompression is being listened at the compressor unit.

What can be going on ? All the threads I have read are related problems with the raising process but didn't find anything in the oposite side.

The car is an ML280 CDI (same as 320CDI) / year 2006 (W164)

Thanks,
Antonio

·
Registered
08 ml320 cdi,slk 230,01 boxster S,04 carrera911, 99 S320,67 GT350mustang,02G500L,96 s600 w140
1,664 Posts
a star diagnostic or carsoft can check if there is a problem with the airmatic system. i remeber this happened to my s320 and it only needed a reset and everything went back to normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I have a problem with the airmatic. The point is that after raising the car pressing the Airmatic button, the message "raising" is shown in the dashboard until it reach the upper position so raising function works ok.

But when pressing again the airmatic button , the display shows the normal lowering message, but nothing happens. It remains at the higher position while the "lowering" message remains until the car is turned off.

Only when turning off the car and closing it, after some seconds the car goes down while decompression is being listened at the compressor unit.

What can be going on ? All the threads I have read are related problems with the raising process but didn't find anything in the oposite side.

The car is an ML280 CDI (same as 320CDI) / year 2006 (W164)

Thanks,
Antonio
Hi Antonio,

Have you solved your car rising problem? I am about to purchase a unit 350ML, year 2007. The same problem happened as you mentioned. The car is beautiful and hardly used, except the same problem as you faced. Please advice. Thank you in advance.

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
2008 ML350 (Me!), 2010 GLK350 (Wife), 2003 ML-350 (Deceased)
1,479 Posts
Step #1 - Scan for codes. It could be any one of a dozen different things.

The good news is that it IS working...in one direction anyway! Most likely a valve or sensor but you won't know for sure without a scan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts