Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes ML55 AMG, 2006 Mercedes ML350
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So I am trying to install an aftermarket keyless entry/alarm because my stock one doesnt work.
I have everything hooked up and working EXCEPT the unlock.
The install diagram says that the white wire in the center console switch is the lock and unlock wire. One pulse locks, second pulse unlocks. This is not true.
I have been trying for like 5 hours now trying to get it to unlock and I can not do it. Has anyone else installed one and had luck? There is a shop in town that says they can be finished with it in under an hour but it will cost $100.

Does anyone have ANY idea?:surrender:
I just want to get this thing put back together....

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI, 2007 S550, 2016 E250
3,199 Posts
Remove. Reassemble truck. Take to shop.

I have owned a shop for 10 years...worked on cars about 15....I couldn't get mine setup. lol

·
Registered
04 ML350 Silver
59 Posts
$100.00 and the shop will fix it? You have 5 hours into it....what is your time worth?

I cant help. Except to say, when I get to a point like you have, I cut my losses and have the shop do it. My (our) time is valuable and it comes to a point where you let the ego go and let someone else do it and move on. Just my opinion, and lessons learned thru self induced obstinance (or, maybe I will blame my parents for that!). lol

But, good step to ask here. Hope someone saves you the $100.00.

Dennis

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there are a ton of threads on here where people say they have installed them with no problems so I know someone here knows. All I need is that one wire ahah

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
If there are tons of threads do a search lol. Most people here HAVE others install...I personally install my own stuff...but remote anything is not something I feel comfortable with doing.

At least post more information about the kit...brand...options...wiring diagram and list of instructions. Maybe it's something easy to figure out.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is a compustar 2 way alarm. the install is pretty simple and straight forward. Alarms are only a couple wires so I figured I would do it myself since I did my starter in my jetta last spring (like a million wires... never again will i do one ahha)
But really for this alarm all you have to hook up pretty much is power, ground, switched power, the horn, 3 wires to the aam for door pins, 2 wires to the parking lights, and the lock/unlock.
I am given a solid blue for lock, and a blue and black wire for unlock. hook solid up to the white wire on the back of the center console switch and try it out. Doors lock. Instructions say that to unlock, you use the same wire and the next pulse will unlock. hook it up and no dice.

Here is some wiring info I found online. Pretty much the same as my printout that I got when I bought the alarm, but I dont have that sheet at home with me.
2000 Mercedes ML 430 Alarm, Remote Starter, Keyless Entry Wiring Information

There are different relays for lock and unlock in the fuse box, so I am going to go test some wires there now. If anyone has some thoughts here please post them. I have a friend that works at an install place and he had no idea why it wasn't working, and his tech support guys didn't either.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
somewhat figured it out.
Relay K24 30 87
If you remove relay k24, and bridge terminal 30 and 87 (only when all the doors are already locked, or else it wont work) the doors will unlock. So I figured I had it beat. WRONG! has anyone looked on the underside of that fuse/relay panel? JESUS! ahah None of the plugs just meet up with the relays. There are long like 12 pin plugs but none are specific to a single relay.

Does anyone know which wires I should be looking for on what plug for terminals 30 and 87 for relay k24? THANK YOU

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well... I figured it out guys...
And let me tell you, I feel sooooo stupid.

So I couldnt figure out that relay thing. I got into my drivers seat, said a few choice words and looked down at my center console which was all taken apart. I said "Damn you why wont you work!" and pressed the unlock button... WTF why did my doors just unlock? The plug is unplugged....
So long story short. Mercedes had some fun when they were wiring this vehicle and thought it would be funny to trick anyone that tries to tamper with it.
The harness under the lock/unlock switch has a white wire that will unlock the vehicle. The unlock wire is not in this harness. It is its own seperate wire (pink) that is plugged in by itself.
I have yet to see any information about this wire anywhere online or any wiring diagrams I could get my hands on for installing this. But it is now working

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!!!!
White wire in harness under lock switch = LOCK WIRE
Pink wire all by itself in its own harness = UNLOCK WIRE

Hope this helps someone else down the road.
-Brett

·
Registered
02 ML 55 (SOLD: 98 & 02 ML320)
1,309 Posts
this will only lock/unlock your car if your alarm is not armed. also i havent figured out a way to arm the alarm yet... probably have to tap into the ebox somewhere just haven't gotten around to it.

its not a big deal but you will not see the "confirmation" flash the lights give when its locking unlocking and of course the alarm will not go if someone opens a door unauthorized. thats why i still use my old key to arm/disarm....

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i put an alarm in... do you guys even know what alarms do?
the car can not be started when the alarm is set. the lights flash when you lock or unlock the vehicle. if you open a door. the alarm goes off. if you pull the door handle, the alarm goes off.

jesus did anyone even read the first post? I put it in because my stock alarm does not work. I have been using my key to unlock the door and the central locking switch on the center console for the last 6 months.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yeah...most understand what you are saying...not sure why the hateful posts. I was thinking about remote start...but as I said...I thought about it and had someone else install it lol.

Glad you figured it out!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...not sure why the hateful posts.
I assumed information that would help some people down the line would be nice on here... guess I was wrong. from now on I wont post my findings on this website. Seems like every time someone does you get some "hero" piping up and saying you are wrong or you information is hurtful to the community... Never knew that a cheaper alternative to the faulty Mercedes alarm that pretty much everyone has a problem with would be a bad thing?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Not sure. Glad you fixed yours though.

Enjoy tha ride (that's what she said)

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes 300CE, Black/Black - H&R, Bilstein, etc.
89 Posts
I assumed information that would help some people down the line would be nice on here... guess I was wrong. from now on I wont post my findings on this website. Seems like every time someone does you get some "hero" piping up and saying you are wrong or you information is hurtful to the community... Never knew that a cheaper alternative to the faulty Mercedes alarm that pretty much everyone has a problem with would be a bad thing?
:surrender:
Hey, really, your post was very helpful. Nevermind the naysayers. I've been on this forum a while, and poke in every once in a while for help or if I can add something useful. Your post was useful, as I am contemplating replacing the stock remote/alarm with a Clifford/Viper 5901 (SST 1-mile range 2-way pager, etc.). Yes, alarms are quite useful--they deter the idiot thieves and delay the smarter ones long enough for me to run out there with my Rem 870 Express.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Rem 870...pansy. Gotta go long range...make 'em die tired. Barret M98 (.50) lol

·
Registered
97SL500R129, 01ML320W163, 94E320W124 & 93500EW124
2,921 Posts
there are a ton of threads on here where people say they have installed them with no problems so I know someone here knows. All I need is that one wire ahah
I'm one of those who have successfully installed them and identified the white and pink wire as the lock and unlock connection. Also, I was able to connect light and horn confirmation. I was tempted to respond to this post earlier. But, I choose not to because of the same experience you described in your post #16.

Just PM me if you need more info because I prefer just to lark and not post here.

It's just my preference, no intention to disrespect anyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm one of those who have successfully installed them and identified the white and pink wire as the lock and unlock connection. Also, I was able to connect light and horn confirmation. I was tempted to respond to this post earlier. But, I choose not to because of the same experience you described in your post #16.

Just PM me if you need more info because I prefer just to lark and not post here.

It's just my preference, no intention to disrespect anyone.
I no it was years ago since you posted this and could probably careless but im attempting to hook up a pke push button start alarm in my 05 ML350 and I really would like to do this myself do you have any information about the wiring that could possibly help me I would greatly appreciate it thank you and enjoy the rest of your day

1 - 20 of 22 Posts