Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay first off my brother drove my car and returned it and two days later it will not start we haven't driven it since he last did drove it but here are the problems
Lock steering wheel
key won't turn
radio won't turn on
trunk won't open
whole car is basically dead and I have no idea whats wrong so please if you have any ideas of whats happening please tell me asap. Thanks... sorry to be rude i'm just nervous and the trunk is locked so I can't get to the manual or the battery. :mad:

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430 1999 ML 320
92 Posts
Most likely he left a map light on and ran the battery dead.

·
Registered
2000, 430CLK Cabriolet
540 Posts
Connect a booster pack or battery charger to the post under the hood. On left/Driver's side, look for a 2" x 4" black plastic cover, under the hood, on top near the left most edge of hood opening. Cover will have formed "X" on top. Pull the cover off. You will find a threaded post. This is the positive post. Connect the positive from the booster pack or charger to this post. Connect negative from booster/charger to the inner fender or any metal part of the sheet metal. Leave booster/charger connected for about 15-30 minutes to give the battery an initial charge, then reach in and pull the trunk release button. Move the charger from the post under the hood, to the battery in the trunk and charge it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts