Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Edition 10 SLK 200
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading these forums for a while now while deciding on what my next car should be.
I currently have a 9 month old MK3 MX5 but on Monday I took the plunge and ordered a, new Edition 10 SLK200 Auto, I hope to have it by next weekend.
Is there anything I need to be aware of, and to expect with SLK ownership?
This is going to be my first Auto car so it should be intresting!

Oh yes and I almost forgot..... Hello everyone....

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
Erkybaby said:
Hope you're not the paranoid type, because there will be tons of people admiring your car.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
Erkybaby said:
Any recommendations on what mods/accessories I should add?
The most obvious cosmetic mods are the wheels and the aerowings. Lots of forum members have upgraded to 18" and 19" wheels. If you plan to do the same thing, save your money and just get the stock 17" wheels. The aerowings are a love/hate thing. They come in different flavors, so you might want to do a search on this forum to see (1) if you like the look, (2) if you want to get them in a chrome, brushed, or painted finish, and (3) if you want the OEM or aftermarket wings. Almost forgot. Some may disagree, but IMHO, you DEFINITELY want to get a plastic windscreen. It's a bit pricey if you buy it from your dealer, but there's deals to be had on eBay and through a German MB dealer. Again, check the forum for references and pros/cons. I also bought a molded plastic tray for the trunk to keep things nice and tidy. And, oh yes. Stock up on Zaino, so you can keep your car looking "showroom fresh" or better.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
Erkybaby said:
A plastic windscreen? :eek: Do you mean the wind shield behind the seats?
Yep. Sorry mate. I forgot about the difference in terms on that side of the pond. Bonnet = hood, boot = trunk, windscreen = windshield, plastic thingy between the seats = windblocker.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Erkybaby said:
I have been reading these forums for a while now while deciding on what my next car should be.
I currently have a 9 month old MK3 MX5 but on Monday I took the plunge and ordered a, new Edition 10 SLK200 Auto, I hope to have it by next weekend.
This is going to be my first Auto car so it should be intresting!

Oh yes and I almost forgot..... Hello everyone....
Hiya ErkyBaby

Congrats on your new order first of all.

By the way, whats the difference between a standard SLK200 and an Edition 10 SLK 200?

Thanks

·
Registered
Edition 10 SLK 200
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
These are the differences over a standard SLK.

17" 10-spoke alloy wheels (4) in new "chrome shadow" high-sheen painted finish
Front: 7.5 J x 17 ET 36, (225/45 tyres)
Rear: 8.5 J x 17 ET 30 (245/40 tyres)
Special hub cap design featuring Mercedes star and laurel wreath in black/silver
Dark-tinted tail lights (from SLK 55 AMG)
Badge with ´EDIT10N´ logo on wings
Black leather seats with perforated centre seat panels and silver-coloured underlay
EDIT10N logo embroidered into seat backrest
Silver topstitching on seat
Velour floor mats with black edging and embroidered ´EDIT10N´ logo
Trim parts in black on driver´s side, carbon-look effect on passenger side above the glove compartment
Roof liner incl. rear window frame in black
Instrument cluster with red scale rings plus bevel rings matching wheel colour
Armrest with soft nappa leather (from SLK 55 AMG)

Not that different to a standard one , I do like the 'Chrome Shadow' effect of the wheels and the stiched leather.

I've gone for Auto with heated seats and Airscarf, don't really need any other toys but will definately get the 'Windblocker', can it be left on all the time?
I will also get the SmartTop module, even though I'm not sure which make/type to go for they all seem the same :confused:

·
Registered
SLK 350 (2006)
421 Posts
I don't have the "windblocker" thingee (but I want one :) ). I think others have said they leave it on all the time.

You want to get the Version 2 SmartTop module. And there are definite differences. For instance, the origin Piecha module had too great a current draw when not in use and was killing some peoples batteries when the car wasn't used for a couple of weeks. And the Version 2 has mode configuration in the MFD (Multi-Function Display) which would be nice to have instead of counting blinking turn signals to determine modes.

·
Registered
Edition 10 SLK 200
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm hoping to pick the car up on the 24th April, so not too long to wait!
After all the advice I have received here and on the SLKworld forums I have decided to go for the 'Version 2 SmartTop module' any recommendations on the best place to order from?

Also can anyone tell me if it is possible to hook up a iPod to a SLK without Command?

TA :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts