Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , my name is Paul Scott , i come from London England , now living in Great Yarmouth , Norfolk , east coast , in England i drive a bmw 750i with all the toys , but am moving to Thailand , with my family , my wife and daughter are all ready over there , and i needed a car over there so i first looked for a BMW , no luck, so i started looking around for something that would do it for me, IE safe , big , comfy , and looks good , that's when i saw this w126 , up for sale , for the price of 350,000 baht = £5000 = $9000
as i had never owed a Mercedes before i was abit worried , about a 20 year old car , but i should not have been worried , what a car , no rust , interior was very nice , and with that supra engine and gear box , when driving it you can hear the turbos whistling , nice ,
just bought some aero 1 wheels 17 in , and have had them refurbed , very nice , i am going for a classic aggressive look , not over done i hope ,
i have just fell in love with the beast , and will take good care of her ,
anyway hello , and thanks for being here for me ,
think i am going to be here for a long time , :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Totally, the air filter isn't like my US Spec. Welcome Scott! Newbie here myself! These are easily the best Benz's ever manufactured, you won't be disapointed !:)

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Nice to see the later supra motor ive seen this conversion with the earlier gen ,Is it running the supra 6spd manual box or auto?Also good to see this done without a big front mount intercooler hanging off the front .mint car to keep stealth.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice to see the later supra motor ive seen this conversion with the earlier gen ,Is it running the supra 6spd manual box or auto?Also good to see this done without a big front mount intercooler hanging off the front .mint car to keep stealth.
hi joe , its an auto box , :crybaby2: still has a lot of power though , nice

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
my claim to fame

sorry if this offends anyone , but my claim to fame is i own one of only two cars that was not smashed to bits on the filming of 007s tommorrow never dies ,

for me its great to have a merc and a bm ,
a very famous 7 series bmw
and now a great w126 merc ,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
no kidding, that's one of them all right! Cool! I've always dug that sequence in the garage, with all those hitman in Benz's chasing Bond's BMW around the levels.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers joe , yes thats me in the blue jacket , i was showing the car at stongleigh a bmw do , on behalf of a bmw forum

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
Wow, that Mercedes has go to fly!! How much HP? Is it a 6 or 8 cyl? Do you have pictures of the inside?

·
66,894 Posts
Welcome to BW. You will not regret a W126 if it was well maintained; 20 years on these cars are nothing!
The one you're showing us does not have a Mercedes engine which in your case would be a 3.8L. If it's a Supra(Toyota) it will then all depend on how clean and well the install was. It looks impressive with the big tubings for the intake, that's for sure.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Welcome, Scott!

I love the looks of your car! Awesome! The last thing I have considered doing to mine is to install euro bumpers. I have a set now, but they are a little tattered and would need some body work and paint before installation. I'm still undecided. :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to BW. You will not regret a W126 if it was well maintained; 20 years on these cars are nothing!
The one you're showing us does not have a Mercedes engine which in your case would be a 3.8L. If it's a Supra(Toyota) it will then all depend on how clean and well the install was. It looks impressive with the big tubings for the intake, that's for sure.
Cheers
hi drew
yes its a 3000 twin turbo ,straight six, about 350bhp ,

·
Registered
50 Posts
welcome to the forum scott 1999
thats a really nice car u got there......i bet u must feel like the king of the road driving in one of those. Thailand is a really good place for w126 as the parts are really cheap there....iv imported quite a few parts form thailand myself.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
welcome to the forum scott 1999
thats a really nice car u got there......i bet u must feel like the king of the road driving in one of those. Thailand is a really good place for w126 as the parts are really cheap there....iv imported quite a few parts form thailand myself.
thanks for the kind welcome , i must be going mad as i am about to take parts to thailand:eek: but i did wont the right spares ie aero 1s e11 , sec front bumper , needed a diff, plus i have a dvd system that i have taken from my car , i love that old merc she is a great great car , and with that engine that i can mod up , am sure i will never get bored with her ,
i know many on this forum , like the original look, but to late for my car , with the supra engine in it , so i will be moding the car up a bit , not to much , but i will need boost gauge and things , but will try to hide them away , so not to lose the class of the car , that's it these car just have so much class :bowdown:

ps , next mod , after wheels , and front bumper , will be engine , from this , to this,

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts