Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have the opportunity to purchase a 2000 SL600 Sport with approx 15k miles for $5...


Hello,
I have the opportunity to purchase a 2000 SL600 Sport with approx 15k miles for $53,500. This price includes a Starmark warranty good until 2008. This seems like a good price but I would be interested in other peoples' opinions.

Also, would performance upgrades would be good for this vehicle....particularly to tighten up the suspension? I've heard good things about Renntech but open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Rick
 

·
Registered
92 300E
Joined
·
78 Posts
Nice car, good price. But I wouldn't go a-messing with anything, especially in a car li...

Nice car, good price. But I wouldn't go a-messing with anything, especially in a car like that w/ the self leveling suspension and controls and all. Mercedes put a lot of good engineering judgement into their design, and unless you have a specific application that you would like it to be modified for (track, auto-x, etc..). Anything you change to make better in one area (handling, for instance) will certainly take away from another area (ride/comfort, safety, durability).. I have had a number of modified cars, and they were great for what they were modified for, which basically accounted for 1% of the time the vehicle was in use, the other 99% of the time I hated the mods. And these were all MUCH lesser cars than a top of the line Mercedes. Just my $.02..
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top