Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello - this is my 2000 E55 AMG with 188k miles. I LOVE this car. It's had major work done to it engine wise but all items addressed mainly due to age along with body issues (paint and rust). I need to do the front seats. The seat of the driver is so low and both seats look like an ex-girlfriend went crazy with a knife. I was looking online locally for working seats with bladders that aren't leaking, but unfortunately it's impossible. So is fitting any upgraded seats or Recaros. If anyone has any suggestions (besides restoring the seats), I'm all ears.

Otherwise if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear it. It's been de-badged b/c I prefer the stealth look.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,200 Posts

Look for a reputable upholster. keep it original. :)
Or check your local pick n pull.
Either of these could be a cheaper alternative than recaros.

Edit: another option - pricey....

Re-upholstering I think is a better option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have to agree with everyone reupholstering will be the best move. Any other upgrades or suggestions that can be done?

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
Yeah I have to agree with everyone reupholstering will be the best move. Any other upgrades or suggestions that can be done?
Welcome to the board! Do you have more photos of your car by any chance, like the interior photos?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the board! Do you have more photos of your car by any chance, like the interior photos?
Thanks Joe! Sorry for the delayed response. I could totally get photos of the interior. BTW - I went to a few upholstory shops in the Palm Beach area (FL) and everyone is quoting $1200 - $1500 to repair. I told my mechanics and they were somewhat shocked at that price quote. They said hold off for now. They are going to keep an eye out for seats. Unless someone has a recommendation or can provide advice, I want to hold off at that repair and use the $ for more pressing matters (like the body work on my 450SL).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts