Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000SLK-2005SLK
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I traded my twin turbo 996 Porsche for a SLK 350. Im glad I found this forum. We have owned 4 MB roadsters in the last 6 years and have loved them all. My 05 seems to be the best of the bunch. I got the Firemist with a 6 speed manual.

[:D]

·
Registered
SLK350 (apr 15)
673 Posts
So ... what's this fetish for knowing where people are? And why is it catching? Is it improving our quality of life in some way that I haven't as yet noticed? [:)][:D][:)][:D]

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
RonJeffries - 4/11/2005 1:33 PM

So ... what's this fetish for knowing where people are? And why is it catching? Is it improving our quality of life in some way that I haven't as yet noticed? [:)][:D][:)][:D]
Its because the specs for the SLK R171 differ from market to market. Knowing your location helps other board members to provide better and more targeted help / replies!

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Well put ianx. So many answers are area specific. Many of us, myself included don't respond to questions from places unknown.

·
Registered
SLK350 (apr 15)
673 Posts
I haven't noticed anyone with a fetish for keeping it secret, and everyone I fear already knows where I live, so it doesn't bother me personally. I've never before seen it on an auto forum, and it just strikes me as an odd way to greet a new person.

I see in the thread that some people won't even talk to someone who doesn't have his location recorded. Their privilege, of course. But it strikes me as odd.

I've noticed at California Pizza Kitchen, the wait people all have their origin location on their name tags. Maybe that's where it comes from? Hi, I'm Brad, I'm from Northville, can I bring you a drink before you order?

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
WTTC! [:)]

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350 AMG
474 Posts
LOL.... na.. asking ppl to put where they live is just an excuse to post something. Kinda makes them feel good.. like.. look how many posts i have on the MB site.

Many times they excuse is.. its helps up better answering your questions, as it depends what area your in also depends and what your car may have on it etc blah blah blah. Even tho most of the time the questions are not location relevant.

Its just funny.. [:)][:D][/QUOTE][:D][:D]

RonJeffries - 4/12/2005 5:33 AM

So ... what's this fetish for knowing where people are? And why is it catching? Is it improving our quality of life in some way that I haven't as yet noticed? [:)][:D]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts